Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Bruises, colored pencils, and post-it lists

(via)

Today's story is a week late. But better late, than never! ;)

Here are my words:
melt
pistachio
Greenland
Olympics
colored pencils


Today is another text conversation. I know some of you who read this on your phones have a hard time following because of the format, so wanted to let you know ahead of time. ;)

**********************************************************************************
(Dean is on the left; Kacey on the right)


Hey baby. How'd karate go tonight? You assassinate anyone yet?

Not til next week. Tonight we sparred. It did not go well.

How come?

Let's just say my partner is much better than I am. 
I have a huge bruise on my thigh.

Ouch.

It spans half my leg. And is in the shape of Greenland.

You know the shape of Greenland? Man, my woman is smart. 
And tough. If there were some sort of competition that 
was a cross between the Olympics and Jeopardy, 
you would dominate

You know how to melt a girl’s heart, don’t you?

Well, one girl anyway :)
Sorry about your bruise

*Shrugs* It’s body art. Pistachio green that will turn 
purple before too long.

Sounds beautiful. If I had colored pencils, I would 
attempt to draw this bruise in all its glory.

I’ll mail you colored pencils. Then you’ll be 
bound to your promise.

You want a pic of your bruise that bad?

Mostly I want to make you draw me a picture. You 
can surprise me with what the picture is of. ;)

You're high maintenance.

I am worthy of the maintenance you must perform. 

Ha. I guess I have to agree with you ;)

About to start driving. Call you later after 
my dinner tonight?

Looking forward to it :) Love you

Love you!


I throw my phone on the couch and reach for a pen. My packing list is scribbled on a post it note:

RING!
Ticket
rental car confirmation
Don't forget RING!!

I scrawl Colored Pencil Drawing underneath. 

Surprise me, she had said. My girl's getting the surprise of her life in two weeks.

And man, I hope it's a good one.

And that she says yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment