Monday, August 4, 2014

Hint Fiction

So, I'm doing this online writing challenge during the month of August. And one of the homework assignments over the week was about Hint Fiction.

Hint Fiction is a story of 25 words or less that suggests a larger, more complex story. Legend has it that someone asked Ernest Hemingway to write a story in 6 words or less, and that he wrote this:

For sale: baby shoes. Never worn.

Powerful, huh? And amazing, that an entire story can be conveyed in just a few words. I was nervous about the challenge and really thought I wouldn't come up with anything. But surprisingly, I came up with a few. And surprisingly, this was a ton of fun.

Here's a sampling of what I came up with. What do you think?


Wanted: Husband. Males need not apply.

Burying bodies is hard work.

Pope agrees: Bible is a lie.

I let my twin marry her.

Dumped via ad in school newspaper.

Farted first day of class. Great.

Positive pregnancy test. Never had sex.

Birth certificate confirms: I’m not theirs.

Man kills family. Unborn son survives.

Avalanche buries White House. All dead.

House for sale. All ghosts included.

Prom queen results: Mark Jameson wins.

Conflicting reports on Fox/CNN merger.





No comments:

Post a Comment