Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Big Hot Mess

Normally I am not a huge fan of movies that are based on books. For two reasons.

One, the movies are NEVER as good as the books. Movies are one dimensional. You can't get inside a character's head like you can in a book.

Second, I hate having a visual thing for stories because it changes the way characters looked to me. Know what I mean? I used to picture Tris a certain way and now when I reread Divergent I see Shailene Woodley. When I reread Hunger Games I see Jennifer Lawrence. I like the secret place in our heads where characters are unique to each of us. Movies make them universal, and that bugs me.

But, those thoughts aside, I am ridiculously excited about this:


Just the trailer turns me into a hot mess of tears.

If you haven't read The Fault in Our Stars, you need to.  Such a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment